Join Embroidery Garden for a sew-along as we stitch our Sew Cute Mini Hanging. The finished project measures approximately 15”w x 14”h. It requires an embroidery machine with a 5×7 hoop and a sewing machine.
Please read all the details below before purchasing. If you have any questions, please email before purchasing.
The dates for the sew-along are August 18 and 19, 2021 from 11:00 AM to approximately 2:00 PM, CDT. The sew-along is not being recorded. The number of people with access to the sew-along will be limited. The sew-along will be offered again.
The Sew Cute Mini Hanging Sew-Along uses designs from our Sew Cute Large and Sew Cute Small Hanging sets. If you own both sets you do not need to purchase the designs. If you own the Sew Cute Large set you do not need to purchase the designs as you can substitute one of the other design blocks for the pincushion block shown in the Sew Cute Mini hanging. The kit / sew-along is required to purchase. This is so everyone has the same cut pieces to work with to keep the sew-along moving.
Shipping for the kit is charged at checkout.
You will have homework to complete before the start of the 2nd day of the sew-along.
Options for purchasing
• Purchase the Designs, Kit and Sew-Along by choosing Yes from the dropdown menu (You are purchasing the designs shown on this page, the kit and access to the sew-along)
• Purchase the Kit and Sew-Along by choosing No from the dropdown menu (You are purchasing the kit and the access to the sew-along only. No design files are included)
• Choose the color option for the kit: Peach or Blue
If you want more than 1 kit, please email us first
What’s included in the kit
The pieces included in the kit have been laser cut for accuracy. There may be slight singe marks from the laser on some pieces. This is normal and will not show in the finished hanging. Most of these areas will be trimmed off during the construction.
• Pre-cut (with adhesive) pieces for the S, E, W, pincushion, sewing machine and fabric piece under the needle of the machine
• Pre-cut background pieces for the blocks
• Pre-cut binding strips
You need to provide the following batting (Warm and natural) and backing pieces
• 5 pieces of batting 5” x 7”
• 1 piece of batting 2.5” x 7”
• 1 piece of batting 3” x 7”
• 1 piece of batting 16” x 15”
• 1 piece of backing fabric 16” x 15”
Additional supplies needed
• Lightweight cutaway stabilizer (no show mesh)
• Rotary cutter and ruler with ¼” markings
• ¼” foot for your sewing machine
• Optional: InvisaFil thread was used for all the stippling on the blocks
• Optional: Assorted buttons to embellish
• Optional: Sewing clips
• Optional: Exquisite threads in the following colors
- Peach Kit: 505, 1304, 1707, 020,815, 903, 138, 950, 613, 286, 588
- Blue Kit: 403, 405, 1707, 020,815, 903, 138, 950, 613, 286, 588
What you will receive
• If you chose Yes from the dropdown menu above you will receive the design files in DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3, XXX and PDF instructions for the hanging as shown using the kit, the SVG files for all the applique sections, the kit and access to the sew-along.
• If you chose No from the dropdown menu above you will receive the PDF instructions for the hanging as shown using the kit, the kit and access to the sew-along. No designs files are included.
• You will receive an email with the Zoom link for the sew-along 36 – 48 hours prior to the start of it. Watch for the email and check your spam folder. Do not wait until the last minute or the day of to look for the email with the link.
Requirements for the sew-along
• A working embroidery machine with a 5×7 hoop
• A working sewing machine
• The ability to download, unzip and transfer the designs to your machine
• The ability to fully operate your machines
• Have reliable internet and any device you will be watching on, fully charged
•Ability to login and use Zoom
• You may need to download Zoom or the Zoom App. Please login 10 minutes prior to the sew-along starting to check your audio and video. We will not be able to help you with any technical issues you may have. Click here for a video showing you how to check your audio and video.
• You will be placed in the waiting room and will be admitted at the announced time.
• You will be muted upon entering the class. Please do not un-mute yourself unless you are asked to.
To prepare for class
• Cut the required batting and backing pieces before class. Have everything ironed and ready to go.
• Have all necessary notions and supplies ready including thread colors chosen and full bobbins.
• Do not run the designs through any software. Make sure you have the number of steps showing on your machine match the number of steps in the instructions.
• Have the stabilizer hooped for the first hooping.
Terms & Conditions
By purchasing any option on this page you agree that there are no refunds for any reason once you have purchased the sew-along and downloaded the files. This includes if you miss the sew-along or any part of it. No video recording will be provided. We are not responsible for any emails issues in receiving the Zoom link including blocked or bouncing email addresses. The sew-along is not held up if you are not prepared or have machine or internet issues or trouble logging into Zoom.